Tuesday, November 09, 2004

And now, it's one week later

I've let the dust setttle from election day. While I'm pleased at the results from a national standpoint, I was not happy with the interpretation that it was some sort of statement about morals that the president was re-elected. Especially the Wednesday morning whining by the Democratic Party that the Gay Marriage issue killed them at the polls.

In 10 out of 11 states (Utah being the exception) the votes supporting a ban on Gay marriage (or SSM as I call it - see earlier posts supporting SSM) outnumbered votes for Bush. This would be an indication that those voting for Kerry crossed over some line to vote against SSM. Which tells me that the Presidential issue and the SSM issue were not as closely linked as the whiners would have you believe. It is not the fault of Gay Americans that John Kerry is not the president. It would be John Kerry's fault.

We still have a long way to go to improve the Equality Factor in our country.

And to re-iterate from my earlier post: If Christians, heterosexuals, etc want to keep marriage "sacred" for themselves, they need to quit divorcing, philandering, and otherwise disrespecting the institution.

From the "You can lead a horse to water but you can't kick it in the ass" Department:
For the past 3 years, my company car has had a coolant leak that usually manifested itself druing the winter months. I had brought this to the attention of the operations manager many times, as well as our company mechanic. Their solution has been to pour more coolant into the radiator. The leak had become progressively worse, and I expressed my concern that perhaps one day, in the middle of nowhere, the radiator would become empty and I would somehow ruin the engine. The response to my concern was the same as before...pour more coolant into the radiator.

This morning, I blew the engine. Dumb fuckers will probably blame me for it.


No comments: