Friday, July 06, 2007

Sure am hot outside

I'm not sure why, but we are going camping this weekend. My parents in-law and my sister in-law own campers, we have a tent. Temps will be in the 90's.

I do my best not to complain about hot weather. I do my best to complain about winter. The main reason I don't complain about hot weather is I don't want to ruin my street cred 20 years from now when I want to retire and move to a hot weather state. The last think I need is for my wife to say "gee, you always hated the hot weather, why would you want to move to Texas to retire?"

Here's a photo that explains why the old adage "Knee high by the fourth of July" is a bit outdated:



photo 'courtesy' (meaning I'm stealing it) of the DeKalb Chronicle.

Thanks to the ethanol boom, every farmer is planting corn this year. Soybean prices will be up this year as a result.

My father escaped to Nebraska for his bi-annual high school class reunion. Two years ago, he missed his 50th due to his gall bladder emergency. I reluctantly gave him the money (it was his money) to go this year, telling him that his traveling days are over. His goal seems to be to spend every last dollar he has. My goal is to have enough to pay the deductible on his insurance when he wrecks the car.

No comments: