Tuesday, June 10, 2008

City of Big Shoulders

I had to make a jobsite visit today in downtown Chicago. 200 W Jackson, to be exact. Instead of fighting traffic and wasting gas, I took the L from Cumberland, and after 16 stops, emerged from the underground (because the Blue Line L becomes a subway inside the loop) to a perfect Chicago Summer day:



I love downtowns, especially big city downtowns. I haven't been to NYC or Boston yet, mind you, but I have it on good authority that Chicago's downtown is the best. Yes, I'm biased, and I'll probably like Boston and Philly as much anyway. But there is something wonderful about walking down the sidewalks in a big city, thinking you've got the world by the ass.

I don't have the world by the ass, but I thought I did for about 15 minutes today.

No comments: