Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Michelle, my bell(e)

I enjoyed Michelle Obama's speech last night. I think she accomplished what she set out to do, which was to show that she is not a 'bitch with attitude', and that intelligent African-American women are not a threat to whitebread America.

We were watching on CBS (I root for the underdog), and they spent a lot of time showing reaction shots from the audience.

While I was moved by the speech, I was not moved to tears, like several of the audience members were. I think perhaps they were a little over-invested in the moment.

Anyway, tonight Hillary will outline her diabolical plan to subvert the convention and wrest the nomination away from Obama. Well, if I were writing the screenplay, that is what she would do.

I was reading a story off the Huffington Post about Bill Clinton not being happy with his role in the convention. An interesting read, to be sure, but what was more informing were the comments posted by the Hillary supporters taking Obama to task for stealing the nomination.

Stealing the nomination? When did that happen?

No comments: