Thursday, December 11, 2008

Blago-you-bitch

Yes, I'm surprised that it's taken me 2 days to opine on our asshole governor's arrest and indictment.

I knew this guy was a crook. After reading all 78 pages of the indictment, I do have to say that he exceeded my wildest dreams as a crook, however. It is hubris on steroids. It is beyond the pale. It is simply amazing. There is no way he is going to beat these charges.

And now, it all makes sense. The commitment to the bad hair. His refusal to live in Springfield. His MO of trying to pick fights, and then when losing, pretend they didn't happen. Is there enough jail time to change his attitude?

I would always give his wife a pass because I know that as a real estate agent, you need to rely on relationships in order to do business. However, I now know she is simply Dick Mell's daughter. And that isn't a slight on Dick Mell, he is a career politician, a Chicago alderman, and he conducts business as it is done in Chicago. However, I guess I let my oogling of Patty Blagojevich cloud my judgement.

Oh well, it will be interesting to see what happens next. Blago is too deluded to resign right away. He may still try to appoint a senator.

The drama continues.

No comments: