Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Perhaps a retraction, or a clarification

In my last post, I alluded that Senator-select Roland Burris may not be an honest politician anymore. I probably meant that yesterday, but after hearing him run the gauntlet of news shows today, I have a more informed opinion.

Roland Burris is probably the best candidate to be selected (but not elected) as the next junior senator from Illinois.

The problem I have with him is that his goody-two-shoes explanation for wanting to be senator reminded all of us why he couldn't get elected as governor or senator in the past.

I'm all for unbridled optimism, however, at this juncture, a little bit of realism from whoever the next senator is would be appreciated. We're tired of being spoken to as if we all are idiots.

Sure, I know Blowdryavich was elected twice.

No comments: