Monday, February 12, 2007

And to show that we're balanced here...

My last post may have seemed like a kiss on the cheek of Obama. Just to show that I'm not over the moon, I'll take a shot at him...

Yesterday, he demanded that the troops leave Iraq by March 31, 2008.

It's easy to give an ultimatum when you have no power whatsoever to effect the demand. I mean, what's he going to do if the troops are still there (which they will be)?

Sort of like me saying, "I demand that Mary-Louise Parker (make passionate love to) me by June 30, 2007". Will I quit watching her in "West Wing" re-runs? I don't think so. I really, really like Mary-Louis Parker.

I'd say the troops getting out in 13 months is a better bet.

By the way, as you'd imagine, all the local Chicago TV news shows are completely erect and near orgasmic over the Obama for President thing. Again, I'm sure he's a fine man, but the coverage is getting a little overblown. Last night the Channel 7 (ABC affiliate) News had a "Day 2" graphic displayed while they were reporting from a campaign rally.

No comments: