Thursday, November 16, 2006

Where's the turkey?

It's a good thing we're not hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year.

I don't know if it is because it falls early this year or what, but I am not in the holiday mood. Oh sure, I have lots to be thankful for. But the holiday is just not in the air yet.

We've been so darn busy (a product of our own design, sadly) that it's hard to catch one's breath and see what's going on. Work, city council, choir, Lions Club. My wife has work, various church councils that she watches over, bible study, library work, ladies' nights, bunco. She gave notice last night to the librarian, and the librarian asked if she could find her own replacement. It's not like my wife is an employee, she is an independent contractor doing the finances.

Anyway, something has to give. I'm not sure what needs to go. I can trim back my choir practice commitment and just show up on Sunday mornings. I don't want to quit the Lions, although I've scaled back on my involvement to the point that I go to every other meeting and don't take part in most of the projects. I'm sticking with City Council, although if I lose re-election next Spring, I won't shed any tears.

I barely have enough to time to sit around and be lazy. How I long for those days!

No comments: